Wednesday, November 20, 2013

On This Day in American History....

 
November 20, 1991:  The athlete Clare Bukowski was born, an afternoon baby who debuted just after Final Jeopardy (answer that day:  What is haggis?)  As a first-time father with a queasy stomach, I appreciated the presence of a TV in the delivery room.  It gave me something else to look at.

At 6 AM on her 22nd birthday, my daughter went to do her weightlifting.  Alas, she forgot to bring a tiara from home to wear, as was the plan.  The girl is downright goofy about birthdays, hers and anyone else’s, which is a good thing.  We all need to feel special, if only for one day a year.  And the world is better off for those people who announced to their first grade teachers, “Today is a month from my birthday…two weeks…a week.”  You know who I’m talking about.
           As for the tiara, hey, if you can pull it off, why not?  

No comments:

Post a Comment