Monday, March 17, 2014

I Predict that in 2014 Clare Will....


Nostradamus lives through Billy Williams and Clare.  Before the start of a season, the Cubs’ right fielder liked to write down what he thought his stats would be.  This strikes me as a sublime motivational tool.  I mean, who writes down that they’re going to lead the league in strikeouts?  All right, other than Adam Dunn?  And it helped get Williams into the Hall of Fame.  So, I’ve been doing the same with Clare since freshman year high school.

She writes everything down, seals it in an envelope, and we open it come June.  The girl has nailed her batting average (.425, no less) on one occasion and come within .003 of predicting her slugging percentage (a Ruthian .703 senior year high school).  Which brings us to the envelope she handed me yesterday before heading back to school.

How many homeruns, I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment