Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"Nightmare at 20,000 Feet"


I always ask this question when I fly:  How many gremlins can fit on the wing of a plane?  Answer:  It depends, but at least two if you look close enough.  And I always get the window seat next to the wing.  William Shatner’s got nothing on me.

So, flying’s tough, but I do ok.  The guy sitting next to Michele, though, he was a treat.  First, he asks us if we’re going to move around a lot.  Michele says No, “We’re low maintenance.”  That’s a good thing because he has the aisle seat, “And I’m on new meds.”  Oh, how we didn’t need to know that bit of information

Luckily, Mr. Meds kept it together for the duration of the flight, even when you couldn’t see anything out the window (which he hinted at wanting, maybe because he had a way of dealing with mischievous gremlins).  We stepped into the plane out of 40-degree weather and flew to a place where the thermometer is brushing 80.  Ah, Florida in March.
The season starts tomorrow, at high noon, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment