Friday, July 1, 2016

Get Out the Vote


 Clare has been voting for the All-Star game for ten years if not more.  She goes for the best AL players along with the worst NL players.  I wonder who gave her that idea.

The way MLB treats voting bothers me; I could’ve voted 35 times had I wanted.  Sorry, one fan one vote.  Anything else is encouraging a bad habit.  I’m surprised the Republicans haven’t launched a voter fraud investigation.

In the next few days, MLB will announce a list of candidates for the last spot on both rosters.  If they want us to vote early and often (a line I think appeared on the MLB website), then they should charge us for the privilege, $10 a pop.  Give the proceeds to Cooperstown or to help fund a pension for those players who never qualified.  At least that would be a right to balance the wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment