Wednesday, July 27, 2016

True Grit


True Grit

Clare got the results of her MRI from last week and found out she has a torn right labrum.  Ouch.  The question is, when did it happen?

She thinks sophomore year high school, when we had a doctor look at her shoulder; no mention of a tear, just a prescription of six weeks of physical therapy.  So, if that was a misdiagnosis, it means my daughter played seven years of high school and college softball with the tear.  “Thank God it didn’t affect my hitting,” the patient said last night.

Only I think it happened in eighth grade, when her first travel team put her at shortstop; Clare was in the habit of rushing her throws.  I also seem to remember an endless line of first basemen with sore hands and broken gloves (or not).  Either way, I don’t want to hear about millionaire athletes playing in pain.  I know an amateur who could put them all to shame.      

No comments:

Post a Comment