Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Glued


What is it about the Crosstown Classic that makes us go goofy?  I picked Clare up from the train last night (she’s just started a job with Northwestern University), and she said, “Dad, if the White Sox don’t win any more games this season except for these four against the Cubs, I could live with that.”  Oh, I raised my child well.

Melky Cabrera robs Kris Bryant of a homerun in the first and throws him out at second base in the ninth; Todd Frazier hits a three-run homer off Jake Arrieta; and Tyler Saladino drives in the winning run in the bottom of the ninth inning, the third straight Sox walk-off win for the first time since 1962.  That was the summer I saw my first Sox game.

Do you trade Chris Sale now?  Did David just slay Goliath, or is Goliath getting ready to storm back with a vengeance?  Father, daughter and mother will be sitting in front of the TV to find out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment