Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Weather and Company


Well, you couldn’t have asked for better weather or company yesterday afternoon for the White Sox-Indians’ game.  I had my wife and daughter with me, and we were all rooting for a win to draw the Sox to within one game of .500.  Close, but no cigar with Cleveland winning a close one by a score of 9-0.

 

I wasn’t happy going in knowing the Sox would be starting Manny Banuelos, not that he lasted long.  Banuelos went four-plus innings giving up three homeruns and five earned runs before leaving with a sore left shoulder.  Words fail me.  Whatever will Rick Hahn do if Banuelos goes on the IL?  We can’t rush Dylan Cease, now can we?

 

Just like we wouldn’t want to wear down third baseman Yoan Moncada.  A day after Moncada clubs two homers, manager Rick Renteria decides to sit him.  Thanks, Rick.  I can never get enough of Jose Rondon at third.  I keep forgetting it’s not about wins at this stage of the rebuild, it’s about process.  So what if today is an off-day that Moncada could have rested up on?  Process, it is.

 

A quick note on prices: don’t go to Guaranteed Rate Whatever if you’re hungry or thirsty, but, if you insist on eating and drinking, bring a wad of cash along.  Beer ranges between $9.25/$10.25 while fresh lemonade is a relative bargain at $8 a container.  Popcorn goes for $5 a bag and hot dogs $6.50, bun included.  I split a diet Coke, in case you’re wondering.  Michele paid for it, so I can’t tell you the price, but I’m guessing outrageous.  And I brought along my own scorecard so as not to have to pay for an oversized program.

 

One other thing I noticed is how cluttered the mall is with advertising, on the walls, the scoreboard, the fence.  What, they’re not making enough off of concessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment