Sunday, June 30, 2019

A Year and a Day


A year ago yesterday, I walked my daughter down the aisle and then told the reception audience how that day marked the ninth anniversary of Clare hitting five homeruns at a travel tournament.  Yesterday, we were both in downstate Carbondale to celebrate a relative’s wedding.  Of course, I reminded Clare that it was now ten years since she’d put on that offensive show in Joliet.

 

It takes around five hours to drive from Chicago to southern Illinois.  Not one softball or baseball diamond we passed on either day was in use; that’s worrisome.  The White Sox called up Dylan Cease, who’ll start on Wednesday; that’s exciting.  I learned the news driving home.  My daughter called my wife, who put her on speaker phone.  I guess you could say we’re a family of serious baseball fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment