Monday, June 17, 2019

Losing Ugly


The sheer genius of White Sox general manager Rick Hahn was put on full display yesterday before 37,277 fans at Guaranteed Rate Whatever as the Sox dropped the finale of their four-game series with the Yankees by a score of 10-3.  Why genius, you ask?  Because we pitched Odrisamer Despaigne again.

 

“I was feeling good at the beginning of the game,” Despaigne told reporters afterwards.  Yes, everything was fine until the third inning when “I started falling behind in the counts.  I was trying to fight back, and I couldn’t.”  No kidding.

 

Despaigne gave up nine hits in 4.1 innings along with four walks and seven earned runs.  His record now stands at 0-2 with a 8.71 ERA.  Wow, if we’d just waited a day, he could’ve pitched in Wrigley Field.  I’m sure a whole bunch of Cub fans will be upset not to see our latest addition to the Sox starting staff.  I’m just upset this is how the “rebuild” is going.   

No comments:

Post a Comment