Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Circus, with Elephants in Room

Lucas Giolito was lifted yesterday in Boston before he could record an out in the second inning. Good thing for me it was Patriots’ Day, and I had stuff to do which kept me away from watching anything with a 10:10 AM Central starting time. Fast-forwarding through Giolito’s eight runs on eight hits and two walks was bad enough. Heaven help any White Sox fan who suffered through that performance in real time. Now, a few questions, if I may, starting with, Do you think Giolito had/has a problem throwing to Yasmani Grandal? There must be a reason Grandal is on the team, I mean, other than his .139 BA and penchant for getting called on catcher’s interference. Zack Collins caught Carlos Rodon’s no-hitter last week. I wonder, will he catch him again tonight? While we’re at it, can someone please tell me why the Sox carry thirteen pitchers? To me, that’s more than enough, but manager Tony La Russa felt the need to bring in Yermin Mercedes and Danny Mendick to pitch an inning apiece in an 11-4 loss. However did teams manage with only ten or eleven pitchers? I was hoping for a bounce after the Good Sox swept the Bad Sox in a doubleheader on Sunday, but no, but we were treated to this garbage instead. Was 2020 just a 60-game fluke, or does this season’s slow start have something to do with the new/old manager? You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment