Sunday, April 11, 2021

Our Lips Are Sealed

The Sun-Times did a puff piece on Hawk Harrelson yesterday because…I haven’t a clue, to be honest with you. Harrelson is a person best left unseen and unheard. The man bloweth hard. Harrelson will be going into the broadcast wing at Cooperstown because…I haven’t a clue to be honest with you. My idea of a broadcaster pretty much starts and ends with Ed Farmer, and the Hawk ain’t Farmio. If the Hall of Fame wants to make use of Harrelson, they should stick him in front of a wind turbine, so he could be of some use for a change. Anyway, Harrelson referenced his firing of Tony La Russa back in 1986, when White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf thought that a yes-man would make a good GM. After close to 35 years later, Harrelson was moved to say, “I didn’t fire him because he was a bad manager. I fired him for some other reason that I’ll take to my grave, and Tony will take to his grave. I’m not going to say [why he did it].” Hawk Harrelson, always talking, except if it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment