Saturday, December 5, 2015

My Little Conventioneer


Clare has spent the last four days in Atlanta at a (the?) college softball convention.  She went in thinking there’d be all sorts of in-game stuff and tips on networking.  What she got was seminars on being a happy, well-adjusted camper, preferably one who whistles while she works.  Much of the networking takes place after hours over drinks.  If her next job depends on anything more than a beer, the girl’s in trouble.  And the presence of so many Division I people has brought out the D-I chip on her shoulder, but so far no fights.    

From what I can tell the highpoint so far has been getting a deal on a new glove.  Gloves and bats are a big thing in our family.  Every one we’ve ever bought and that’s been retired has gone on to reside in my basement workroom.  So, it looks like I’ll have to make room for another.   

No comments:

Post a Comment