Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Surprise!


I wonder if Julie and Zach Ertz want to start a family.  She plays for the U.S. women’s soccer team while he plays tight end for the Super-Bowl bound Eagles.  The kid(s) would be in possession of some interesting genes to say the least.  Just so nobody expects to have another athlete in the family.  With kids, you make ’em, but it’s best not to force ’em.

Considering that Michele and I have five college degrees between us, you might think we’d have ended up with a pointy-headed little scholar on our hands, not Janie Jock.  OK, she’s got two degrees now, too, which is a good thing in today’s job market.  Still, this wasn’t the kind of kid we expected to raise, which was pretty clear by T-Ball.

By that, I mean T-Ball represented more organized sports than I played in my entire life, or that my wife and I played in our lives combined.  Then, add Mustang Ball; Bronco Ball; Pony Ball; travel ball; varsity; and college, which comes out to more of an athlete than I’d be over the course of nine lives, if only I got the chance.  Oh, and before she became little Miss Slugger, Clare was a fish who made enough of a splash at the local YMCA pool someone asked us if we wanted to have our daughter join a swim club.  No, but thanks for asking.

We like to tease Clare that her kids will want to take ballet or play an instrument.  You never know.  That’s exactly what I’d tell Julie and Zach Ertz.

No comments:

Post a Comment