Saturday, June 28, 2014

Musical Interludes


Yesterday morning, I was driving around to “Green Onions” by Booker T and the MGs, which just so happened to be the walkup music for one of Clare’s teammates this spring.  Of course, that got me thinking about softball and how strange it is to have my summer weekends free now and forever more.

Then, in the evening, the three of us went to Morton Arboretum for an outdoor concert by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.  It was Mendelsohn, Tchaikovsky and Beethoven.  I hate the notion of either/or in life, either you love sports or culture.  My power hitter was sitting there next to me, and she kept me up to date on the White Sox-Blue Jays game.  Two more homers for Jose Abreu to go with Beethoven’s Seventh Symphony.  Not “or” but “and.”

No comments:

Post a Comment