Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tidbits


Tidbits

Clare and I traded these tidbits after dinner.  She went first, telling me about a 17-year old girl who on Monday pitched batting practice to the Rays for ten minutes.  According to news stories, Chelsea Baker learned to throw a knuckleball from Joe Niekro when she played on the same Little League baseball team as his son.  Baker, who pitches for her high school team in Plant City, Florida, looked pretty good against Evan Longoria and Jose Molina.  Rays’ manager Joe Maddon issued the invitation to Baker after appearing at her school.  I always said the knuckleball was an underutilized weapon.

After hearing the above, I told Clare about a study out of England that claims the best athletes are born in October and November.  My child, born November 20th, was happy to hear that, but I’m not sure she was too surprised.
Now, if she could just learn to throw a knuckler….

No comments:

Post a Comment