Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Celebrate


My, my.  Javy Baez of the Cubs is known to stand there at the plate and admire his homeruns.  I don’t like that for a number of reasons, but numerous sports’ people say we have to get with the times.  The same should be true of Baez, who didn’t like being on the other end of a celebration Saturday afternoon in Cincinnati.

Amir Garrett of the Reds did a little celebrating of his own (I don’t like a pitcher doing it any more than a hitter) in the seventh inning after striking out Baez, who took exception.  One thing led to another, both benches cleared, but no punches were thrown.  I wonder what would’ve happened had someone stepped on Baez’s big toe, landing him to the DL.

Maybe his manager could lecture him that what goes around, comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment