Sunday, May 20, 2018

We are Who We are


Clare called me first thing yesterday morning to say that the White Sox had sent down Carson Fulmer after his latest disaster of a start.  My daughter loves baseball no less than I do.  But she is her own person, one who has to spend today, a Sunday, at work.  She fully intends to stream some NCAA playoff softball to watch when she’s not running around solving crises in higher education.  Me, I’ll probably turn on the worst team in baseball.

I dearly miss watching my daughter play softball; she has a swing so sweet it would make Ted Williams smile, if only he could.  I suspect Clare misses playing, too, and watching this year’s whippersnappers will both bring back memories and fuel her desire to become a college athletic director/coach.  She can leave the crappy stuff, like watching those “rebuilding” White Sox, to me.  After all, what are fathers for?   

No comments:

Post a Comment