Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Wedding Bells


After four days, the emotions are starting to recede, and I can remember at least some parts of Clare’s wedding.  It’s safe to say my daughter was a beautiful bride.

By my count, there were six softball teammates in attendance, plus one.  I put it that way because that girl was a senior when Clare was a freshman, so they only played together for a year, and, in a way, she was Chris’s guest, or at least she’s married to a former Elmhurst football player Chris invited to the wedding.  That, and she was the incumbent second baseman when Clare arrived.  “You’re the reason my daughter ended up in the outfield,” I said in introducing myself at the reception.

My daughter and her friends cleaned up quite nicely, and two of them in particular spoke with some passion when I asked if they missed playing.  I know I miss watching.  This must be what they mean by growing up and moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment