Monday, September 24, 2018

Gone, Gone, Gone


The one thing I envy Cubs’ fans, other than their getting to watch home games in a real ballpark, is their ownership.  The Ricketts’ family, came, they saw, they bought, and they’ve done a lot of conquering these past few years.  And my White Sox?

Well, let’s see now.  This season, we’ve paired the highly orchestrated farewell tour of broadcaster Hawk Harrelson with the first full-season of what has been a problematic rebuild.  How do you say, “Yoan Moncada, 210 strikeouts?”  Oops.  I just did.

And then we have Carlos Rodon, purported ace of a rebuilt pitching staff, only Rodon hasn’t shown up for the month of September. According to The Athletic, Rodon had an ERA of 1.84 in July and August vs. 6.83 in September.  Yesterday, for the game that promises (please, oh please) to be Harrelson’s last broadcast, Rodon lasted 2.1 innings against the Cubs, coughing up six runs on nine hits.

After the game, Rodon told reporters, “I wish I could take all this back and do it over.  I went out there and did the best I could and just definitely came up a little short.”  A  little?  It might be time to look in the mirror, Carlos.  And, while you’re at it, tell your wife to stop tweeting that you’re not wild about pitching to Welington Castillo.  Oh, and don’t have a hissy fit when you walk off the mound after being yanked in the third inning of your start.
Yup, I’m feelin’ real good about our chances in 2019, real good.  Not.   

No comments:

Post a Comment