Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Concern


Sometimes, I tape a ballgame, and sometimes I alternate between watching a program and catching up with the game courtesy of the half-hour backup feature that Comcast offers for any channel.  So, when Clare called yesterday night, I hadn’t yet seen Leury Garcia and Yoan Moncada go back-to-back in a 5-1 White Sox win over the Royals.  But I got to it soon enough.

 

Clare’s worried about right fielder Daniel Palka, he of the oversized personality and power potential.  Palka, who hit 27 homeruns as a come-out-of-nowhere rookie last year, has started the season off 0 for 32.  This is not good.

 

Our favorite White Sox is in hitter’s hell, swinging at pitches he shouldn’t, missing pitches he should crush.  Having gone through this herself, Clare doesn’t sympathize with Palka, she empathizes.  I point out that he’s walked six times and he has an OBP 179 points higher than his batting average, so that’s something.  But if this keeps up, I wouldn’t be surprised if my daughter went down to Guaranteed Rate Whatever to toss Palka some BP and go over his video.

 

A fresh pair of eyes never hurts, especially with a slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment