Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Bail and Flail


The White Sox are way too far back in the “race” to snare a wildcard spot for me to stay up and follow them on the West Coast.  I intended to be in bed last night well before the end of their game with the Angels.  The heavens had other plans, delivered in a 2-1/2 downpour.

I didn’t go downstairs to check until 10:30 PM, by which time we had a whole lot of seepage.  That meant powering up the Shop-Vac.  (Note:  When wading around a partially flooded basement, try to avoid electrocution during operation of any plug-in machine.  And try not to slip when emptying Vac-bucket in the washtub.)  That kept me busy till midnight.

There comes a point in life when your back does not want to be subjected to a round of constant, heavy-wet lifting.  But the work had to be done.  So, I put the TiVo to work, did half the basement, dried my feet and rested by watching the game; then I did the other half and caught the end.  A very smart plan, if I do say so myself.  The Sox still lost, 2-1, and they’re predicting more rain today, but I still have this sense of accomplishment.

Robin and the boys should be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment