Monday, March 28, 2016

I Don't Mean to Beat a Dead Horse....


 But there are certain things I just can’t let go.  Last night, I watch a bunch of college basketball players going through the ritual of cutting off pieces of the net.  This morning in the sports’ section it’s all Final Four.  And then I get a picture from Clare.

She’s been out at the Valpo softball field since 8 AM.  Noah visited last night and left the place flooded.  Guess who has to help man the pumps?  That’s right, the graduate assistant Clare.  After two hours of pumping, they’re not even close to getting the tarp off the infield.  All those NCAA “student-athlete” commercials show young men and women overcoming adversity, of a sort.  It builds character, though I bet most of the Final Four players are more interested in improving their chances in the NBA draft.

Just once, I’d like the NCAA, CBS, TBS or ESPN to show the spring mud and the college programs that have to deal with it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment