Monday, March 7, 2016

Play Catch


Where’s a kid when you need one?  I mean, 24 years of being a parent, taking her to school and practice and the doctor, listening, listening.  All I want is the slightest bit of reciprocity, to play catch with the old man.

All kidding aside, I’m pretty sure Clare would be more than happy to throw a ball around like when she was practicing to make the major leagues, only now she is in the bigs, NCAA D-I, that is.  Valpo spent the weekend playing in South Carolina and will be spending spring break in beautiful Las Vegas.  Clare has turned into what’s known in baseball as a team’s traveling secretary, responsible for everything off the field (travel, food, bed checks), with a personalized bonus of warming up pitchers.  This part of my daughter’s life ends when she graduates in May with a master’s in sports’ administration.

Then we play a little catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment