Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Visions


I shared the couch Sunday with Clare and her fiancé, Chris.  Here was my past and my future.

Chris had the Patriots in a bet with his mother, so you could say he was very much into Super Bowl LI.  Clare is into what her fiancé is into, and vice versa.  Me, I sat looking at my past and my future.

My daughter has eclectic tastes when it comes to pop culture.  You wouldn’t expect a diehard country-and-western fan (is this proof of reincarnation, some yahoo from west Texas coming back as a Bukowski?) to also like Lady Gaga, but that’s Clare.  The girl has a master’s degree, and she’s singing along to “Poker Face,” p-ph, muh-muh.  If nothing else, it’s something to share with the grandkids, when they come along.

At the end of the Super Bowl, MLB tweeted it was ready to start 2017 season; Clare showed me.  It was my past and my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment